Warehouse Clerk & Delivery Driver
Work Status: Full Time – Non-Exempt/Hourly Starting rate: $20.00/hour
Benefits: Group health, dental, vision, life, supplemental life insurance. Paid time off, short term disability. 401(k) with opportunity to participate within 30 days and company match of .50 on the dollar up to the first 6% plus /Profit Sharing. Plan Employee discounts. Employee Assistance Program. Employee Referral Bonus incentive.
Department: Warehouse Reports to: Fuel Controller
- While moving the load, avoid damages and mishaps.
- Taking care of the documentation related to the shipments.
- Inventory details from goods to customer premises are being updated.
- Answering phone, assisting walk-in customers.
- Assessing the stock and confirming any damages that may have occurred.
- Unloading stock individually or with assistance.
- Following pre-determined routes and timelines.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers & vendors.
- Follows recordkeeping practices by maintaining accurate daily records of goods received and shipments made.
- Utilizing fork-lift, heavy lift and dolly to unload and load the goods.
- Building maintenance/light cleaning, trash recycling.
- Snow removal as needed around office entries/adjacent sidewalks.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Excellent communication skills with warehouse workers, purchasing department, and outside vendors.
- Basic understanding of inventory control procedures.
- Proficient keyboarding skills.
- Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
Education and Experience:
- Fork-lift operator training.
- A high school diploma or GED required
- Proven expertise as a warehouse driver is preferred.
- Driving record that acceptable with company’s professional liability carrier.
- Aware of any applicable vehicle weight limits.
- Must be capable of doing physically strenuous labor for hours, occasionally in extreme heat or cold.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds at times.
- Must be able to navigate warehouse and reach items both high and low.