COVID-19: Our Response
A Message From U-Stop President and Owner Mark Whitehead
At U-Stop, the well-being of our coworkers and customers is our top priority.
While we will stay open for business, we’d like to directly address the actions we will continue to take to keep every U-Stop location clean and safe. But we need your help in this! We can all make a difference when we work together for a greater good.
Steps We're Taking in Our Stores*
- We have not only met but exceeded the cleaning standards set by Lincoln and Lancaster County Health Department.
- Enhanced our frequency of cleaning and sanitizing the store to every two hours with wipe downs occurring at all times.
- Carry staple items such as bottled water and paper products, and some meal items such as frozen foods (at certain locations).
- Opened a drive-thru option for the convenience store at our 110 W O Street location.
- Offer payment at the pump and payment at all U-Stop locations through the My Phillips 66 Mobile Pay app. We strongly suggest sanitizing before/after use at the pumps.
- Mask mandates will be followed in all stores, signage will educate customers to stay 6’ apart at all times, and marking on the floors will show where customers must stand.
- Customers may choose to scan their own items when paying in the store.
- Accept non-contact pay options with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and My Phillips 66 Mobile Pay App.
- Plastic mitts are available at all pumps and every location to protect customers while fueling up.
- All employees are required to take their temperature at the start of each shift. Any employee who is not feeling well is required to stay home.
*U-Stop is following Lincoln orders as they change throughout the course of the virus. For more information, check out: https://www.lincoln.ne.gov/city/covid19/
Celebrating 60 years of fueling each other forward.
Lincoln, for the past 60 years you have fueled U-Stop and Whitehead Oil Company’s future through your continued support. For that, thank you, Lincoln. We couldn’t ask for better neighbors or a greater place to call home!