Automotive Supply Sales & Delivery Position – (Automotive Supply) position for Lincoln, Nebraska (and surrounding areas).
Job Type: Full-time – Exempt Pay: $45,000.00 per year
The Automotive Supply Position is responsible for making sales of automotive chemicals, parts and supplies to southeast Nebraska area clients by performing the following duties:
- Travels assigned territory in Company truck, providing exceptional customer service and selling to key accounts.
- Fills orders by verifying warehouse pulls; loading truck.
- Deliver products to customer, ordering, unloading order, stocking shelves and rotating.
- Operates a handheld/printer generating invoices for orders and obtaining receipt signatures.
- Prepares end of day reports of business transactions, communicates to management on any unresolved issues.
- Maintains daily truck inventory and does monthly physical inventory and reports any variations to management.
- Merchandises product by recommending and setting-up displays; communicates weekly with Business Development Supervisor to grow sales in region and sets secondary displays sold.
- Retrieves damaged product by loading product; issuing credit.
- Completes reports by logging call results; maintaining records; recording competitor actions.
- Communicates with Business Development Supervisor and staff members to make deliveries and uses GPS when needed and meet delivery deadlines.
- Keep track of condition of the truck and report any needed maintenance or repairs.
- Responsible for overall safety and safe operation of motor vehicle.
- Comply with all DOT physical and safety requirements.
- Follows and complies with all city, county and state traffic laws.
- Follows best practices for safety while loading or unloading a truck
Exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Regularly lift, move and place up to 25 pounds of inventory and/or advertising displays as needed.
- Position routinely require lifting, loading, and “dollying” merchandise over fifty pounds
- 401(k) / Profit Sharing
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- Company paid life and supplemental life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
Schedule: Generally Monday – Friday, 8 hour shift, no overnights.
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Route driving: 1 year (Preferred)
Skills: Mathematical, communication and organizational skills
- Must be 21 years of age
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license, carrying proper insurance personal coverage, with MVR that is approved by Company’s liability carrier.
- Pre-employment background check & drug screening
Work Location: On the road
Face to face interviews to be conducted. Time/Date and location will be shared once applicants apply.