FULL TIME POSITION: Lead Customer Service Associate
REPORTS TO: U-Stop Training Supervisor
STARTING RATE: $15.00/HOUR. +$0.50/hour differential for hours worked between 11PM and 7AM
HOURS/WEEK: 36 hours/week on average, occasional overtime.
BENEFITS: Paid Time Off/Short Term Disability, 401(K)/profit sharing, reimbursement for food handler/seller server permits, uniform discount, group health, dental, vision, life/A.D.D. insurance, supplemental life insurance.
SHIFT HOURS (on average): 1st Shift: 7 AM – 3 PM ~ 2nd Shift: 3 PM – 11 PM ~ 3rd Shift: 11 PM – 7 AM
Lead C.S.A. Job Overview:
Whitehead Oil Company’s growth and success is based largely on the skills and abilities of our store employees. On a spontaneous basis, mid-management leadership may be needed at a given store (or stores) on a shift, day, or week. This Lead C.S.A.is an evaluative component to identify talented, motivated individuals who will train and join our management team in the Lincoln, Ashland, and Hickman areas.
Must be able to comprehend, communicate, and implement the store strategy and action plan. Lead C.S.A. are responsible for motivating the team to complete the sales process, ensure customer satisfaction, comply with company procedures, and maximize productivity/profitability and are involved in the development of staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain and manage the in-store merchandise and fuel inventory.
- Enhance the customer experience by leading team of associates in providing strong levels of customer service.
- Monitor store presentation and support brand consistency.
- Utilize merchandising skills to drive sales through effective presentations.
- Enforce Loss Prevention policy and awareness with employees.
Minimum requirements for this position:
- One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Strong sales and customer service ability.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Retail experience is preferred but is not necessary.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Accounting fundamentals of daily bookwork processing.
- Obtain and maintain Restricted Shift Manager certification – L/LCHD
- Obtain and maintain LNK server/seller level certification
Applicants must be 21 years of age and will be subject to a background investigation (e.g. criminal, employment, MVR review, etc.).
Incumbents will be required to drive on a frequent basis. They must have proof of insurance and a motor vehicle report which meets the standards of the Company’s insurance carrier. On an as needed basis, Lead CSA will be required to drive to and from a variety of U-STOP locations. Lead C.S.A. will primarily be scheduled to work evenings and overnights, on week days and weekends.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers: and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, infrequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Continuous standing for up to a 6-8 hours in an eight, 8-hour shift. Necessary standing, stooping, climbing and bending to stock and inventory merchandise.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.