FULL TIME POSITION: GENERAL MAINTENANCE
Direct questions about position to Ted Vergith at: TVERGITH@U-STOP.COM. Phone: 402-570-5704.
SHIFT HOURS: TYPICALLY BUSINESS DAY SHIFT, as needed, weekend/evening
LOCATION: Whitehead Oil Company – 2537 Randolph Street, Lincoln NE
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Director
STARTING RATE: $15.00/hour.
HOURS/WEEK: Full Time is 36 hours/week on average, occasional overtime. Convenience Stores are open 24/7, thus some scheduled evening/weekend work may be required for repairs or inclement weather.
BENEFITS: Paid Time Off/Short Term Disability, 401(K)/profit sharing, reimbursement for food handler/seller server permits, uniform discount, group health, dental, vision, life/A.D.D. insurance, supplemental life insurance.
- Mow with riding and push mowers, edge, and fertilize lawns, water, trim, mulch.
- Snow removal operating truck with blade and scooping walk-ways and around fuel dispenser islands
- Under the direction of a Maintenance Director and perform a variety of tasks to achieve a pleasant and functional outdoor environment, all seasons, fair and inclement weather.
- May help install lighting or sprinkler systems.
- They also see to the proper upkeep of sidewalks, parking lots, fences, retaining walls, planters, and benches, as well as grounds keeping equipment.
- They must ensure that the grading is maintained to allow proper drainage and to support the grass growth and address as needed.
- Provide seasonal services, such as snow removal and installation and removal of holiday décor.
Driver’s License with MVR which meets standards for Company’s insurance carrier is required.
Training – A short period of on-the-job training is usually enough to teach new hires the skills they need, which often include how to plant and maintain areas and how to use mowers, trimmers, leaf blowers, small tractors, trimmers, chain saws, snow removal with pick-up truck operating blade and backing skills with truck and trailer.
Required Skills – Worker is required to master skills in on-the-job training.
Physical stamina. Grounds maintenance workers must be capable of doing physically strenuous labor for long hours, occasionally in extreme heat or cold.
Self-motivated. Because they often work with little supervision, grounds maintenance workers must be able to do their job independently.